You might not have heard about NEAT but it’s your best friend when it comes to burning more calories. Neat is all about moving more or fidgeting in my world. People with a high NEAT score move more. They stand or walk more, they move their arms more and they are lighter and live longer than those with a low NEAT score.
The good news is, it’s easy to increase your NEAT score. Have a listen to the latest article I recorded for Source FM on A Space To Speak Your Mind.
You can also listen again to the whole show HERE
If you’re interested in mental health this show has some great content on how to stay mentally well.
If you would like to raise your NEAT score here are a couple of tips;
- Stand up to answer the phone
- Move your phone away from you
- Do some toe raises while at the sink (brushing your teeth, washing up)
- Walk up and down the stairs twice for every time you need to go up or down
- Go for a walk after each meal
I hope you enjoy the many benefits of NEAT and incorporate it into you day